Last updated on May 11, 2021.
- We are BRIGADE, LLC, a Massachusetts limited liability company with offices located at 195 Russell Street, Suite A1, Hadley, MA 01035, USA.
- We will never sell your personal data without your express prior written consent.
- You hereby consent to the transfer of your personal information into the United States, even if the data protection laws applicable in the United States are different from or otherwise provide less protection than the laws of your own country. BRIGADE may store and/or process your personal information in any country where BRIGADE is located and/or wherever its third-party service providers are located.
- By using the Services, you consent to such transfer of your information to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While your information is outside of your country, it shall be subject to the applicable laws of the country in which it is located and may be subject to compulsory disclosure (including to governmental agencies of such other country), pursuant to the laws of such country.
- Our End User License Agreement sets the minimum age required to use the Services at least eighteen (18) years old. We do not knowingly collect the personal information of any child under the age of thirteen (13) without first obtaining consent from their parent or guardian. If you have reason to believe that personal data of a child under the age of thirteen has been sent to or otherwise collected by BRIGADE, then please reach out to us at email@example.com.
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We employ third-party partners (including QuickBooks, Google Analytics, Facebook, and HubSpot) to help us provide information, products or services to you. Examples include processing credit card payments; search engine optimization; performing statistical analysis about how our Services are used; managing our marketing, sales and customer service efforts; and helping us to gather certain information about anyone who visits our Website; and improving our Website and Services. These third parties are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure, and we do not authorize them to use any of your data that we share with them except for the purposes for which we engage them. To the extent that you send us email, submit a ‘Contact Us’ form, or call for customer support, we may collect and retain a record of your contact and employment details and the content of your communications. We will automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Services, whether directly or through authorized third parties. The extent of the information that we collect can include:
- Third-party cookies, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information about which actions you take on the Website and how you otherwise interact with our Services. To learn more about cookies, visit the following websites: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/) These third-parties may collect this data to assist us in our advertising efforts, and the data may also be transferred and processed by the recipients for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Technical information regarding your: (i) device (e.g., hardware-related details such as your device name), (ii) internet and network connection (e.g., your IP address), and (iii) software (e.g., operating system and browser information), among other technical details.
- Metrics information about when and how you use the Services, such as: (i) the date and time that you access the Services; and (ii) how you interact with our Services.
Because we rely on a trusted third-party partner to process your payments, we do not collect (or retain) any of your payment information. Whenever you make a payment for our Services, we may receive a notice that identifies: (i) the account associated with such transaction, (ii) the date of the transaction, and (iii) the transaction amount. We do not receive any of your payment details.
3. DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
All identifiable data (including IP addresses, contact information, etc.) are encrypted when it is automatically stored on data servers that we license form our trusted third-party partner. We store all of your information in the United States of America where possible and use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information stays safe and secure.
Although the Website uses Secure Sockets Layer protocols and we deploy industry standard practices and security standards to prevent unauthorized access to our servers, no information security system is impregnable. We will try our best to keep your personal data secured at all times.
4. DATA USE
- We may use your personal data to perform our obligations arising out of our contract with you.
- We may use your personal data to further our legitimate business interests, including but not limited to communicate with you (e.g., via email) and to enforce our agreements with you (including our End User License Agreement); to notify you about changes to the Services; to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Website and the Services; and to protect BRIGADE and our other customers.
- To the extent that we are required by applicable laws, we will comply with law enforcement (such as in response to a warrant or court-ordered subpoena) and intellectual property protection obligations (including but not limited to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
- As mentioned above, we rely on certain third-party service providers in order run our Website and offer the Services to you. We may provide your personal information to these trusted partners on our behalf. We won’t share your personal information with any third-party partner unless appropriate safeguards (including contracts) are in place. Please note that our third-party partners may collect also collect data about you as well. We strongly suggest that you carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any website before submitting any of your personal information.
5. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which your information was collected (e.g., as long as we reasonably believe that you remain our customer), or as long as may otherwise be permitted under applicable law. The jurisdiction in which you live may provide you with a legal right to object to our collection and use of your data, but if you avail yourself of such rights, then the Services may not function as intended, or otherwise become unavailable. We may also retain your personal information in order to comply with applicable legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain appropriate business records and to otherwise enforce our contractual rights.
6. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
You may enjoy certain rights regarding the treatment of how your personal information is collected and used, which can vary depending on where you live.
- If you wish to opt into our newsletter or other marketing communications, you can exercise your right to opt out using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of such emails.
- You can deactivate certain kinds of cookies that we may deploy but doing so may cause the Website or Services to become unavailable or nonfunctional (even if you paid for them). You may toggle your browser preferences or settings to tun on Do Not Track (“DNT”) requests. There is currently no industry-wide consensus about companies should respond to such DNT requests and until such consensus is achieved, we will not honor DNT requests. Similarly, our third-party partners (such as analytics companies and ad networks) may collect information about you and your online activities, over time, across third-party websites, and including while using the Services. We do not obligate these third parties to change their tracking practices in response to your DNT settings. We rely on Google Analytics to provide us with certain analytics, and you can opt out of your usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us have the right to request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. You may submit requests for such information in writing, to our address listed above, but please allow 30 days for a response.
- Some residents may enjoy additional rights (for example, residents of California). These heightened rights may include the right to request that we correct your personal data; provide you with a copy of all your personal data; and request our deletion of your personal data. We will use reasonable efforts to fulfill your requests, but we reserve the right to refuse requests that we deem unreasonably repetitive, infringe upon the privacy of others, or as may be otherwise permitted under applicable law. In some instances, by exercising these rights or by withdrawing your consent, the Services may malfunction or become unavailable, even if you have paid for them.
- If you have any questions about these rights, or if you would like to exercise them, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2021 BRIGADE, LLC “BRIGADE” is a trademark of BRIGADE, LLC. All rights reserved.